It's so handy to have a few recipes for salad dressing that you can whip up on a moment's notice! Like this Mediterranean Vinaigrette, Maple Balsamic Poppyseed Dressing is another frequent go-to for me!
Light and a little bit sweet, it pairs well with salads that have fruit in them or on a bed of garden greens.
It is made entirely with pantry staples and takes less than 5 minutes to make! Feel free to double, triple or even quadruple the batch and store it in the refrigerator for future salads. It will stay good for a minimum of 2 weeks and up to a month.
- Avocado Oil - Avocado Oil labelled as "extra virgin" has a bit of a strong flavour. Depending on your preferences, you may wish to use a naturally refined kind (I use one labelled as "Pure Avocado Oil") or you can substitute olive oil.
- Balsamic Vinegar- Red wine or white wine vinegar will work in a pinch but the dressing will have a different flavour.
- Maple Syrup - Melted honey or agave can be substituted or the sweetener can be left out completely. The balsamic vinegar provides a bit of sweetness all on it's own. For more alternatives, see this post on maple syrup substitutes.
- Poppy Seeds- These can be left out if preferred.
- Fine Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
1. Mix. Whisk all of the ingredients together until well combined.
2. Use or Store. You can use the dressing immediately or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Leftovers and Storage
To Store: Store leftovers in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Before using, give the jar a shake or stir the mixture to recombine.
How to Use Maple Balsamic Poppyseed Dressing
- Dress a salad such as:
- Spinach Berry Salad
- A garden greens salad
- Use it as a bread dip, drizzle it on toast or spread it on a sandwich
- Leave out the poppyseeds and use it to marinade chicken, pork or fish
- Drizzle it on roasted vegetables or even pasta
LET ME PLAN YOUR DINNERS! Get My FREE Meal Plan (Including Grocery List!)>>>
And if you liked this recipe...
...you might also like:
Balsamic Poppyseed Dressing
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon poppyseeds
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Use immediately or cover and store in the refrigerator.
More homemade staples!