Packed full of savory peanut butter flavor, this easy peanut sauce recipe comes together in less than ten minutes and is made of just five wholesome, simple ingredients. Learn about different ways to customize it including a sweet or spicy variation as well as find plenty of inspiration for ways to use this versatile sauce!
Let's be honest, a flavorful sauce most often steals the show.
As you may know, I LOVE peanut butter. So in my opinion, the best sauce of all is my favorite peanut sauce recipe.
Whether you're drizzling it over stir-fries or using it as a marinade, this sauce takes ordinary to extraordinary in seconds.
Effortless and delicious, even the most junior of cook can turn a ho-hum meal into a flavor-packed sensation with this easy recipe.
Now let's make some healthy peanut sauce!
- Creamy Peanut Butter– I typically use smooth natural peanut butter (well stirred) but commercial will also work. If you make homemade peanut butter, feel free to use that as well.
- Tamari or Soy Sauce– Coconut aminos also works.
- Fresh Lime Juice- Lemon juice or rice vinegar can also be used but will result in a slightly different flavor.
- Garlic Powder- If you have fresh garlic, you can use one minced clove instead.
- Ground Ginger- If you prefer to use fresh ginger root, you will need 1 teaspoon minced.
- Warm Water- For best results when mixing, use warm or room temperature water.
1. Mix. Whisk together all of the ingredients, except the water, until combined.
2. Add water. Add a little water (1-2 tablespoons at a time), mixing until smooth between each addition. Stop adding water when the sauce meets your desired consistency.
3. Use. There are so many delicious ways to use this creamy sauce.
Leftovers and Storage
To Store: Store leftover peanut butter sauce in an airtight container or mason jar in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Stir in a bit of additional water when ready to use, if needed.
To Freeze: This peanut sauce can also be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and add extra water if needed.
Make It Your Own
Make it Sweet- Add 2-3 teaspoons to taste of maple syrup, honey or brown sugar.
Add a Little Heat- If you prefer a spicier sauce, add ¼-1/2 teaspoon to taste, of red pepper flakes or hot sauce such as sriracha.
Make it Peanut Free- Navigating a peanut allergy? Swap out peanut butter with sunflower seed butter, almond butter, or cashew butter for a sauce that's safe and scrumptious.
Add Some Texture- Add an element of texture by using crunchy peanut butter or tossing in chopped green onions for a satisfying contrast to the smoothness of the sauce.
Ways to Use Peanut Sauce
There are just SO many ways to use this easy peanut sauce recipe! Try it as:
- Sauce for lettuce wraps (I never make them without it!)
- Dip for fresh veggies
- Poured over buddha bowls or any type of rice bowls and veggie bowls
- A stir fry sauce (use it in place of the sauce in this chicken stir fry)
- Chicken satay sauce
- A topping for noodle dishes
- Dipping sauce for fresh spring rolls
- Thai Peanut Dressing in this Thai-inspired Slaw
LET ME PLAN YOUR DINNERS! Get My FREE Meal Plan (Including Grocery List!)>>>
And if you liked this recipe...
...you might also like:
- 3 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Tamari or soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2-3 tablespoon water
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients except for the water.
- Whisk in the water, starting with 2 tablespoon and adding more if necessary to reach desired consistency.