Creamy and full of flavor, this Lemon Tahini Sauce is excellent as a salad dressing, vegetable dip, on meat and more! Oil free, all you need is 3 basic ingredients and 5 minutes to make it. See the post for variations and ways to change up the flavor.
If you love Hummus, then I have a feeling this Lemon Tahini dressing is going to be right up your alley!
Like a hummus without the chickpeas, this sauce has all of the freshness of lemon, earthiness of the tahini and is delightfully creamy yet light.
Great on slaw, roasted vegetables, grilled meat and more there are so many great uses.
So let's make some Lemon Tahini Dressing!
- Tahini- The paste of ground sesame seeds, this golden spread is essentially sesame seed butter. If you can't find any, you can try making this with almond butter instead.
- Lemon Juice- Use freshly squeezed lemons for best flavor (you can use the bottled stuff in a pinch).
- Fine Sea Salt- Kosher salt or table salt also work; adjust to taste.
- Black Pepper (Optional)- I love the extra flavor that pepper adds.
1. Mix. In a small bowl, whisk together tahini, lemon juice, salt and pepper (if using) as well as any additional seasoning variations that you are adding (see below for ideas). Then whisk in water 1 tablespoon at a time until you achieve your desired consistency.
2. Use. Mix into a salad, drizzle over vegetables and more.
Leftovers and Storage
To Store: Store extra lemon tahini sauce in an airtight container or mason jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Make it Your Own
Add to this base recipe to create different flavor variations of the sauce to fit perfectly with whatever dish you are serving it with. Here are some tasty ideas!
- Garlic- Add ½ teaspoon of garlic powder or one freshly minced clove
- Cumin- Add ½ teaspoon of cumin powder
- Maple- Add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- Honey- Add 1 tablespoon of honey
- Lime- Use lime juice in place of the lemon
Or try the following combinations:
- Maple Garlic
- Honey Cumin
- Garlic Lime
- Garlic Cumin
- Cumin Garlic Lime
- Honey Garlic
Ways to Use Lemon Tahini Sauce
- As a Salad Dressing
- On Roasted Vegetables (try it on these Roasted Carrots and Asparagus)
- As a Vegetable Dip
- Drizzled on grilled meat or salmon
- Spread if on a Sandwich or drizzle it on a Wrap
- Use is to top a Grain Bowl
LET ME PLAN YOUR DINNERS! Get My FREE Meal Plan (Including Grocery List!)>>>
And if you liked this recipe...
...you might also like:
Lemon Tahini Sauce
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoon tahini
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt plus additional to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper optional
- 2-4 tablespoon warm water
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add the water 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
- Use as desired.