Meet one of your new go-to recipes for busy weeknights! A reader favorite, the whole family will love this easy egg roll bowl recipe. Perfect for the next time you are craving the flavors of Chinese food, this healthy meal comes together in 20 minutes and makes great leftovers.
One of the first and most beloved recipes on my blog, these Egg Roll Bowl are a regular in our meal rotation.
Packed with flavor and easy to whip up, this reader favorite has won hearts with its simplicity (no chopping!).
Just like these chicken lettuce wraps, they deliver incredible flavor yet are made with just a handful of grocery store ingredients.
- Ground Pork- For an alternative protein, you can make these egg roll bowls with ground chicken or turkey.
- Coleslaw- I prefer using a prechopped bag of coleslaw mix for a quick meal, but you can also chop up cabbage and carrots if you have them on hand (approximately 6-8 cups).
- Garlic Powder- You can use 2 tablespoon of freshly minced garlic instead.
- Ground Ginger- Feel free to use 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger alternatively.
- Onion Powder- You can also make it with 2 tablespoon finely chopped onion or green onion.
- Coconut Aminos- Low sodium soy sauce or tamari will also work.
- Sesame Oil
1. Cook pork. In a large skillet, brown ground pork with the garlic, ginger and onion powder over medium heat, using a wooden spoon to crumble into smaller pieces.
2. Add coleslaw. Stir in the coleslaw and cook for 5-7 additional minutes until wilted and softened.
3. Stir in sauces. Remove from heat and stir in the coconut aminos and sesame oil.
Leftovers and Storage
To Store: Store leftover Egg Roll Bowls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months. It freezes very well and is great for meal prep!
To Reheat: Rewarm in the microwave until heated through.
Make It Your Own
Make it with a Different Ground Meat- You can make this easy recipe with ground chicken or ground turkey instead. Since these meats tend to be less fatty, you may want to use ½ tablespoon of avocado oil to brown the meat.
Add Extra Veggies- Stir in extra vegetables at the same time as the coleslaw. Some great additions would be bean sprouts, water chestnuts, mushrooms, bell peppers, kale, spinach or bok choy.
Use Broccoli Slaw- Instead of a packaged coleslaw mix, you can use a broccoli slaw mixture instead.
Serve this Deconstructed Egg Roll in a Bowl over:
- Brown or white rice
- Cauliflower rice (if you need a low carb dish)
- Or try it alongside one of these 30 Perfect Sides to Serve with Stir Fry!
And garnish with:
- Green onions
- Sriracha sauce
- Sesame seeds
- Chopped, toasted almonds or cashews
- Red pepper flakes
LET ME PLAN YOUR DINNERS! Get My FREE Meal Plan (Including Grocery List!)>>>
And if you liked this recipe...
...you might also like:
- Beef and Broccoli Bowls
- Sweet and Spicy Stir Fry
- Thai Peanut Salad
- Chinese Inspired Scrambled Eggs
- Gyudon-Inspired Ground Beef and Rice Bowls
Egg Roll in a Bowl with Coleslaw Mix
- 1 and ½ cups uncooked rice of choice optional, for serving
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 lb bag coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 and ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- sesame seeds optional, for serving
- chopped green onions optional, for serving
- chopped cilantro optional, for serving
- If serving with rice, cook according to package directions.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground pork with garlic, ginger and onion powder, stirring and crumbling until cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in coleslaw and allow to cook an additional 3-4 minutes, until coleslaw is softened and wilting, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, stir in coconut aminos and sesame oil and serve hot over rice with desired toppings.