Inspired by flavours found in Asian cuisine, these Chinese Scrambled Eggs are super simple to make but taste anything but!
Instead they are delightfully creamy, lightly fluffy and just downright tasty!
Ready in under 10 minutes, you can enjoy them for breakfast on busy days but they are also delicious enough for a lazy weekend brunch.
- Sesame Oil - Use un-toasted Sesame Oil as toasted sesame oil has a lower smoke point. If you only have toasted sesame oil, I recommend using a neutral cooking oil such as avocado oil and then adding ½ teaspoon of sesame oil at the end for some flavour.
- Ginger - 1 teaspoon of ginger powder can be used instead.
- Garlic - 1 teaspoon of garlic powder could also be used.
- Green Onions - Finely minced yellow onion will also work.
- Rice Vinegar - Use unseasoned Rice Vinegar.
- Coconut Aminos - Tamari or Soy Sauce will also work.
1. Saute aromatics and vegetables. In a non-stick pot, heat the sesame oil and saute the ginger, garlic and onion until fragrant. Stir in the spinach and allow to cook until nearly wilted.
2. Add eggs and scramble. Stir constantly until the eggs are cooked as desired (I prefer a soft scramble!), about 3-5 minutes.
3. Stir in sauces. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the rice vinegar and coconut aminos.
To Store: These eggs are best enjoyed fresh. However, leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To Reheat: Reheat leftovers in the microwave until warmed through.
Make it Your Own
- Add more vegetables. You could easily add more vegetables to this recipe! Sauté them with the garlic and ginger in the first step until softened. Depending on what you use, they may take a bit longer. Some tasty suggestions:
- Shredded Carrots
- Use these to make Crispy Egg Rice Wraps
- Serve them:
- With Breakfast Fried Rice
- On toast or in a breakfast sandwich
- With roasted vegetables or hash browns
LET ME PLAN YOUR DINNERS! Get My FREE Meal Plan (Including Grocery List!)>>>
And if you liked this recipe...
...you might also like:
Chinese Inspired Scrambled Eggs
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoon green onions
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon coconut aminos
- Heat the sesame oil over medium in a non-stick pan. Add and sauté the garlic, ginger and green onions until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in the spinach and allow to cook until nearly wilted.
- Add eggs and stir constantly using a rubber spatula until eggs are soft scrambled or as desired, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the coconut aminos and rice vinegar.
More Breakfast recipes!