A homemade version of a classic Canadian confection, these "Eat-more" bars are made with just 5 wholesome ingredients!
Eatmores are my all time favourite chocolate bar so I wanted to create a recipe that would satisfy my craving AND that I could also feel good about eating!
Enter this copycat version. Not only does it taste IDENTICAL, it is also so easy!! No bake, 5 simple ingredients, 10 minutes of time (tops!) and one bowl!
Dates provide both the structure and the sweetness (no sugar or corn syrup here!), and mixed along with peanut butter and unsweetened chocolate, it truly mimics the chewy toffee!
- Medjool Dates - Regular dates will also work- you need ¾ cup packed (about 140 grams). Ensure that the dates are pitted.
- Peanut Butter - I made this recipe with all-natural smooth peanut butter.
- Baking Chocolate - I like to use unsweetened chocolate for this recipe and find that the bars turn out plenty sweet! However, you can substitute a dark or semi-sweet baking chocolate if you prefer.
- Fine Sea Salt
- Peanuts- I like to use chopped, dry roasted and unsalted. If you are using whole peanuts, roughly chop them first.
1. Puree dates. The dates should turn into a smooth paste. You can add up to 1 tablespoon of hot water if needed to achieve a smooth consistency.
2. Mix in peanut butter, melted chocolate and sea salt. All of the ingredients should be fully incorporated into a smooth mixture.
3. Fold in peanuts.
4. Press into a prepared 9x9 inch pan. I like to line the pan with a silicone mat for easy removal. Parchment or wax paper also work.
5. Cut and freeze. I find that the bars are easiest to cut, if you lightly cut or score them prior to freezing. Freeze for about 30-60 minutes to set and then run your knife down the scores once more for a clean cut.
To Store: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months. If you want to pack them along with you, these bars can also be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days but I found that they are a bit sturdier when chilled.
Make it Your Own
This Eatmores recipe is written to copy the flavours of "chewy dark toffee, peanuts and chocolate", but it doesn't have to be! If you would like to change up this recipe you could:
- Use Different Add Ins: Crispy rice cereal, different chopped nuts or sunflower seeds would all be great in addition or instead of peanuts. Just make sure that you don't exceed 2 cups of add ins.
- Make it Peanut Free: Use a different nut add in and nut butter such as almond.
- Make it Nut Free: Use sunflower seed butter and sunflower seeds and/or crisp rice cereal as the add in.
Eat-more bars are a candy bar made by Hershey's that is sold in Canada. They consist of a chewy chocolate toffee that is filled with chunks of peanuts.
Tips and Tricks
- Unless you are using very fresh dates, soak them in hot water for 5 minutes first to help them blend into a nice puree.
LET ME PLAN YOUR DINNERS! Get My FREE Meal Plan (Including Grocery List!)>>>
If you have dietary restrictions, check the packaging of specific ingredients that you use to ensure they are compliant. This recipe is:
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
And if you liked this recipe...
...you might also like:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars
- Quinoa Nut Snack Bars
- Flourless Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- 10 Medjool dates pitted (about ¾ cup packed)
- 1 tablespoon hot water optional
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 cup chopped peanuts
- Using an immersion blender, puree dates in a medium bowl until they form a paste. You may need to add up to 1 tablespoon of hot water to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Add peanut butter, melted chocolate and sea salt and mix until fully combined. Then fold in the peanuts.
- Press the mixture in to a 9x9 inch baking pan and slice into bars.
- Freeze for 30-60 minutes until bars are set.
More Sweets and Treats!