After making these delicious Rice Paper Dumplings a few weeks ago, I was inspired to create these Crispy Rice Paper Egg Wraps!
Filled with my tasty Chinese-inspired scrambled eggs, they are full of flavour, have a delightful crunch and are super satisfying!
Made with wholesome vegetables and protein packed ingredients, they will keep you full for hours. Perfect for breakfast, a snack or even a quick meal!
And for another creative way to use your rice paper, try making Rice Paper Candy Straws!
- Chinese Inspired Scrambled Eggs
- Green Onions
- Sesame Oil
- Coconut Aminos
- Rice Vinegar
- Rice Wraps
- Avocado Oil- Another cooking oil with a high smoke point will also work.
1. Cook the scrambled eggs. Sauté vegetables. Add eggs and stir constantly until cooked as desired and remove from heat. See the Chinese Inspired Scrambled Eggs post for a more detailed explanation.
2. Wrap rice paper. Wet a sheet of rice paper under warm water and then set onto a plate. It will continue to soften as it sits on the plate. Place ¼ cup of the egg mixture in the centre of the rice paper. Fold the bottom up and over the egg mixture, then one side, the other side and finally the top.
3. Repeat. Follow the same steps with the remaining rice paper and egg mixture until they are all wrapped.
4. Fry. Heat avocado oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Place the wraps in the hot frying pan seam side down. Cook for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden and crispy. Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
5. Serve. Remove from heat and enjoy hot.
This recipe is best served fresh. After sitting, the rice wraps will start to get softer and lose their crispiness. I recommend only making as many as you plan to eat.
These quick and easy egg rice paper wraps are great for a meal (breakfast, lunch or supper!), appetizer or snack. They would be great alongside:
- Roasted Vegetables
- And more!
If you have dietary restrictions, check the packaging of specific ingredients that you use to ensure they are compliant. This recipe is:
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
And if you liked this recipe...
...you might also like:
- Loaded Avocado Chickpea Toast
- Egg Roll Bowls
- Asian Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce
- 15+ Tasty Rice Paper Recipes
- Starbucks Copycat Egg White Bites
Crispy Egg Rice Wraps
- 4 sheets rice paper
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
Chinese Inspired Scrambled Eggs
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil not toasted
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoon green onions finely chopped
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon coconut aminos
Make the Scrambled Eggs
- In a non-stick pan over medium heat, cook the ginger, garlic and green onions in sesame oil. After about 2 minutes, stir in the spinach until wilted. Add the eggs and continue to stir until soft-scrambled (about 3-5 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in rice vinegar and coconut aminos.
Make the Wraps
- Wet a piece of rice paper under running water, ensuring it is all dampened and set on a plate. It will continue to soften as it sits.
- Scoop ¼ cup of egg mixture into the centre of the rice paper. Fold the bottom of the paper up over the egg mixture, followed by each side and then the top. Repeat with remaining mixture and rice paper.
- Heat avocado oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Place each of the wraps into the frying pan seam side down. Cook for 2-3 minutes until crispy and lightly browned. Flip and cook for 1-2 additional minutes.
- Remove to a plate and serve immediately.
More Asian Inspired Recipes!
Lovely little parcels! We served them with two different salads for lunch today and thoroughly enjoyed them! Loved the gentle heat from the ginger! 🙂
I'm glad you enjoyed this recipe, Ieva!
This is a great idea for using rice paper wraps with eggs. I'm going to try this for breakfast.
Thank you for your kind review, Mirlene!
These were really good! I made them for breakfast this week and they were really easy to throw together. The rice paper made them so crispy which I loved!!
I'm glad you enjoyed this recipe, Cam!
This is such a creative recipe...really delicious too! My kids were especially big fans since they could just grab them and go.
I'm glad you enjoyed this recipe, Lisa!
What a great recipe! I love how easy these egg wraps are to make and that they are perfect for an on-the-go breakfast.
Thank you for your kind review, Andrea!