Inspired by the flavors of the Vietnamese sandwich, these Pork Banh Mi burgers are packed full of flavor. They are as easy as these Simple Barbecued Burgers but make for a nice switch up to your summer grilling flavors. Load them up with crisp vegetables and creamy sriracha sauce for a super fresh meal! I hope you like these as much as I do!
- Ground pork
- Sriracha- the burgers definitely have some kick so if you are sensitive to spice, you can use half of what is called for
- Fish sauce
- Dried basil- feel free to substitute ¼ cup freshly chopped if you have it on hand
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Onion powder
- Sea salt
- Combine the pork with the spices and sauces.
- Shape into burgers.
You can prepare the burger patties and place in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 day ahead of cooking. Or you can freeze the uncooked patties for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw to room temperature in the refrigerator before proceeding with cooking.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or freeze up to 3 months.
How to Serve Pork Bank Mi Burgers
- Loaded up with fixings! Some suggestions:
- Sriracha Greek Yogurt- Mix together 2 tablespoon Greek yogurt with 1 teaspoon sriracha
- or Sriracha Mayo- Mix together 2 tablespoon mayo with 1 teaspoon sriracha
- Thinly sliced carrots and cucumbers- I like to use a vegetable peeler to cut these nice and thin
- Thinly sliced jalapenos
- Alongside some Crispy Oven Baked Fries
If you have dietary restrictions, check the packaging of specific ingredients that you use to ensure they are compliant. This recipe is:
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free - If you serve on a lettuce bun or a gluten free bun.
- Nut Free
Tips and Tricks
No grill? No problem! Heat a skillet over medium high. Add patties and cook on one side for 3-5 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes until cooked through.
And if you liked this recipe...
...you might also like:
- Egg Roll Bowls
- Simple Barbecued Burgers
- Stuffed Barbecue Chicken Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet and Spicy Stir Fry
Pork Banh Mi Burgers
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 and ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- carrots thinly sliced
- cucumber thinly sliced
- jalapeno thinly sliced
- sriracha Greek yogurt or mayo
- Preheat a grill over medium high heat (around 450-500 F).
- In a large bowl, add the ground pork, spices and sauces. Mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 4 even portions (~120 g each), roll into a ball and then flatten to about ½ inch thick patties.
- Place the patties on the grill and cook for 8-12 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the meat it cooked to 160 F.
- Serve with desired toppings.
Love banh mi burgers! We made your pork patty recipe and really enjoyed it in a brioche bun with some Vietnamese pickled veggies! A really nice change from traditional burgers!
I'm glad you enjoyed this recipe, Ieva!
I love any good burger, so this looks like a really refreshing twist. Fish sauce to a burger mix is genius!
Thank you for your kind review, Farah!
i love banh mi and this fusion mix for burgers is delicious
Thank you for your kind review, Nancy!
What fabulous flavors in these burgers. Looking for ward to grilling some up.
Thank you for your kind review, Andrea!
I'm always up for a good burger. You had me at sriracha! Love that stuff!
Thank you for your kind review, Gina!
Just reading about these flavors is making my mouth water!
Thank you for your kind review, Sue!