Inspired by the flavors of the Vietnamese sandwich, these Pork Banh Mi burgers are packed full of flavor. They are as easy as these Simple Barbecued Burgers but make for a nice switch up to your summer grilling flavors. Load them up with crisp vegetables and creamy sriracha sauce for a super fresh meal! I hope you like these as much as I do!
- Ground pork
- Sriracha- the burgers definitely have some kick so if you are sensitive to spice, you can use half of what is called for
- Fish sauce
- Dried basil- feel free to substitute ¼ cup freshly chopped if you have it on hand
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Onion powder
- Sea salt
- Combine the pork with the spices and sauces.
- Shape into burgers.
You can prepare the burger patties and place in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 day ahead of cooking. Or you can freeze the uncooked patties for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw to room temperature in the refrigerator before proceeding with cooking.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or freeze up to 3 months.
How to Serve Pork Bank Mi Burgers
- Loaded up with fixings! Some suggestions:
- Sriracha Greek Yogurt- Mix together 2 tablespoon Greek yogurt with 1 teaspoon sriracha
- or Sriracha Mayo- Mix together 2 tablespoon mayo with 1 teaspoon sriracha
- Thinly sliced carrots and cucumbers- I like to use a vegetable peeler to cut these nice and thin
- Thinly sliced jalapenos
- Alongside some Crispy Oven Baked Fries
Tips and Tricks
No grill? No problem! Heat a skillet over medium high. Add patties and cook on one side for 3-5 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes until cooked through.
LET ME PLAN YOUR DINNERS! Get My FREE Meal Plan (Including Grocery List!)>>>
And if you liked this recipe...
...you might also like:
- Egg Roll Bowls
- Simple Barbecued Burgers
- Stuffed Barbecue Chicken Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet and Spicy Stir Fry
Pork Banh Mi Burgers
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 and ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- carrots thinly sliced
- cucumber thinly sliced
- jalapeno thinly sliced
- sriracha Greek yogurt or mayo
- Preheat a grill over medium high heat (around 450-500 F).
- In a large bowl, add the ground pork, spices and sauces. Mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 4 even portions (~120 g each), roll into a ball and then flatten to about ½ inch thick patties.
- Place the patties on the grill and cook for 8-12 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the meat it cooked to 160 F.
- Serve with desired toppings.