With a fluffy texture and spot-on flavour, you'll love these Copycat Starbucks Egg White Bites! Baked in a muffin tin, you don't need any fancy equipment for sous vide cooking with this homemade version. An easy breakfast recipe for meal prep, these bites are made with simple ingredients and cost way less money.
Do you ever find yourself opening the fridge on a busy morning hoping that some magical fairy has prepared a healthy and delicious breakfast for you? (No? Just me? Okay...)
Well this healthy egg bites recipe is the next best thing!
Make these ahead of time (maybe even a double batch), place them in a freezer bag and accept the praises that future you (and the whole family for that matter) will be sending your way. (I'm sure no one would complain if they found some Chocolate Zucchini Muffins either!)
Requiring no sous vide machine or any other special equipment beyond a muffin tin, you can whip up these Starbucks "Sous Vide" Egg Bites in a matter of minutes and they turn out delicious every single time.
So go ahead and be your own magical fairy. Cook up some of these egg white bites.
Trust me. You'll be glad you did!
- Egg Whites- You need one cup of egg whites which is equal to the egg whites from approximately 10 large eggs (use leftover yolks in Lava Cakes or Hollandaise Sauce). Carton egg whites also work for this recipe.
- Greek Yogurt- The Starbucks version uses cottage cheese but I prefer Greek yogurt. It yields an extra creamy and delicious egg bite, adds protein and means you don't need a blender.
- Roasted Red Pepper- You can use jarred roasted red peppers or roast your own. If you opt to make your own, one bell pepper yields the amount that you need.
- Spinach- Either use frozen and thawed spinach or fresh cooked spinach. If using fresh, one cup lightly packed will yield the amount that this recipe requires. Finely chop it so that it can be evenly dispersed in the bites.
- Green Onions
- Monterey Jack Cheese- Another cheese such as cheddar or mozzarella will also work.
- Feta Cheese- Crumbled goat cheese also works or this can be omitted.
- Hot Sauce- I used "Frank's Red Hot" sauce but another favourite hot sauce will work as well.
- Fine Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
1. Mix. Whisk together the yogurt and egg whites until smooth. Add the seasonings and mix. Add the cheese and vegetables (or any other add ins you are using) and use a spatula or spoon to stir until combined.
2. Divide. Prepare a non-stick or silicone mini muffin pan. (You can grease the tins with olive oil if you prefer, but I found it to not be necessary with the non-stick pan that I was using.) Divide the egg mixture into the muffin tins (about 1 tablespoon per "muffin").
3. Bake. Bake at 350 F for 9-12 minutes until the centres of the egg bites appear set. They will puff up while baking but will sink back down once they have been removed from the oven.
4. Remove from tins. Run a butter knife or similar utensil around the edges to release the egg white bites and enjoy.
To Store: Allow leftover bites to cool and then package in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
These egg white bites also freeze very well so they are easy to have on hand for a quick breakfast on busy mornings! Freeze in a single layer on a lined cookie sheet or plate. Once frozen, transfer to a container or zip top plastic bag.
To Reheat: Warm refrigerated bites in the microwave for 15-30 seconds and frozen bites for 40-60 seconds.
Make it Your Own
Different Sizes or Baking Dishes
- Make Regular Muffin Size
- Add about 3 tablespoon of egg mixture per "muffin" and bake for 14-18 minutes; recipe yields 8 regular muffins.
- Bake it in a Loaf Pan
- If you don't care to have individual round bites, you can skip the scooping and bake the egg batter in a loaf pan for 20-25 minutes. When finished cut into desired serving sizes and enjoy.
- Serve it in a Casserole Dish
- If you want to turn this into a breakfast casserole, double the recipe and bake in a 9x9 inch square or 9 inch round casserole or baking dish for 25-30 minutes. Or you could try making this Greek Yogurt Frittata instead.
Use Whole Eggs
In place of egg whites, you can use whole eggs instead. You need 1 cup of eggs which is approximately 5 large eggs (it doesn't have to be exactly one cup).
Switch Up the Flavours
- Change up the Cheese
- Swap the Monterey Jack for shredded:
- Cheddar cheese
- Gruyere cheese
- Swap the Feta for crumbled:
- Goat cheese
- Swap the Monterey Jack for shredded:
- Add Fresh Herbs: Mix in 1-2 tablespoon of finely chopped herbs such as:
- Use Different Veggies: Sub out the pepper, spinach and onions for up to ¾ cup of another vegetable. Some ideas:
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Add Meat: Add up to a ½ cup of cooked and crumbled or diced:
This copycat recipe is delicious all on its own and is perfect for a quick, healthy breakfast or snack when you are on the go.
These are also a great high protein side to serve with:
- A piece of toasted Honey Oat Bread
- Flourless Waffles
- Banana Pancakes
- Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
Or serve them with some:
- Fresh fruit such as berries, grapes or sliced oranges
- Blueberry Muffins
- Honey Cinnamon Granola
Yes! This recipe just requires a muffin tin.
If you have dietary restrictions, check the packaging of specific ingredients that you use to ensure they are compliant. This recipe is:
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
And if you liked this recipe...
...you might also like:
- Crispy Rice Paper Egg Wraps
- Chai Frappucino
- Guava White Tea Lemonade (Another Starbucks Copycat!)
Egg White Bites
- 1 cup egg whites from about 10 large eggs
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon hot sauce
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers chopped
- ¼ cup cooked spinach chopped
- 2 tablespoon green onions
- ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoon feta crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt and egg whites until smooth. Add the seasonings and hot sauce. Fold in the vegetables and cheeses until fully combined.
- Divide the batter into a non-stick or silicone mini muffin tin. You will use 1 tablespoon of the mixture per "muffin".
- Bake for 9-12 minutes until the centre appears just set (barely jiggly).
- Remove from the oven, run a knife around the edges to release and enjoy!
More Breakfast Recipes!
These are so fluffy and delicious, and I love that they call for Greek yogurt! Perfect quick brekky or snack to have on-the-go.
Thank you for your kind review, Dana!
Oooh, these egg white bites look exactly like the Starbucks version! Cannot wait to meal prep these for my kids!
I hope you love them!
I have a sous vide machine and have made these with it. I gotta try this version to see how it compares!
I hope you love them!
These taste even better than the Starbucks egg bites! My family loves having these for breakfast!
I'm glad you like this recipe, Jamie!
I absolutely love copycat recipes like this! So easy and such a money saver too!
Thank you for your kind review, Tayler!