This Honey Cinnamon Granola makes for a healthy and cozy breakfast or snack.
- Rolled Oats- I typically use large flake rolled oats but quick oats will work as well.
- Walnuts- You will need raw walnuts that have been roughly chopped for this recipe. If you use nuts that are already roasted, they may brown too quickly and burn before the granola is done baking. Feel free to substitute other raw nuts such as pecans, almonds or cashews. Or leave them out if you want it to be nut free.
- Ground Flaxseed- Ground flaxseed is an easy way to add nutrition to granola as it is packed with protein, fiber and Omega-3s. You can leave it out if you prefer and add an additional ¼ cup of oats.
- Honey- Adds sweetness and helps to bind the granola.
- Coconut Oil- This helps the granola to bind.
- Egg White- Using a whisked egg white helps to bind the granola so that there are a lot of clusters without the need to add excessive sugar but it can be omitted.
- Sea Salt
- Mix together.
- Allow to cool completely, break into chunks and serve!
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
How to Serve Honey Cinnamon Granola
- Make a breakfast parfait with layers of granola, fresh fruit and Greek yogurt.
- Eat it cereal style in a bowl with your choice of milk and maybe some fresh berries.
- Snack on its own by the handful.
- Try it as a crunchy topping on ice cream or fruit salad.
- Have it on top of apple sauce for an apple crisp inspired breakfast or snack.
If you have dietary restrictions, check the packaging of specific ingredients that you use to ensure they are compliant. This recipe is:
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
And if you liked this recipe...
...you might also like:
- Maple Walnut Granola
- Chunky Chocolate Granola
- Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancakes
- 4 and ½ cups large flake oats
- 1 cup raw walnuts roughly chopped
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 egg white whisked until frothy
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, whisk together honey and coconut oil. Pour wet mixture and then egg white into dry mixture and stir until well combined.
- Spread mixture out evenly on prepared baking sheet and bake for 45-60 minutes, until dry, rotating the pan 180 degrees after 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely on the pan and then break into chunks and store in an airtight container.
More Breakfast Ideas!