This Chimichurri inspired sauce makes everything better! A boring sandwich, plain old scrambled eggs, a bland chicken breast? Add some sauce!
While Authentic Chimichurri is typically made with hand chopped herbs and garlic and is a looser condiment (like this one from Cafe Delites), today's 5 minute version is a bit of a thicker sauce.
But it is still packed full of the same fresh flavours of garlic and parsley that are delicious added to EVERYTHING (or at least almost everything...)!
- Fresh Parsley- Trim off the stems
- Balsamic Vinegar- Red Wine Vinegar is more traditional, so use it if you have it on hand! I rarely have it though. White wine vinegar would also work.
- Olive Oil- Use a good quality olive oil in this because you will taste it. A mild avocado oil will also work.
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Dried Oregano
- Red Pepper Flakes- Adjust depending on if you want it a bit spicy.
- Puree. Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and use an immersion blender to blend smooth.
Make Ahead: Chimichurri tastes best after it sits and can be made up to 4 days in advance.
To Store: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months. TIP: I like to freeze leftover sauce in ice cube trays. That way I always have some on hand to add to omelets, sandwiches and more!
How to Use Chimichurri
Chimichurri makes almost anything taste better and can be used so many ways! Try it:
- In Chimichurri Shrimp Bowls
- On Pizza or Tacos
- Spread on a Sandwich (or in these Chimichurri Chicken Sandwiches!)
- On Steak, Chicken or Fish
- As a Salad Dressing
- On Simple Barbecued Burgers
- With Eggs
- On Roasted Vegetables
If you have dietary restrictions, check the packaging of specific ingredients that you use to ensure they are compliant. This recipe is:
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
And if you liked this recipe...
...you might like these other tasty sauces!
- 1 bundle fresh parsley about ½-3/4 cup packed
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ -½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and blend to desired consistency using a hand blender. Alternatively, combine everything in a food processor or blender. Use as desired.
Oooh I love how this sauce comes together in less than 10 minutes. Such a beautiful vibrant color and definitely the perfect addition to sandwiches.
Thank you for your kind review, Tara. It is the best on sandwiches!
This chimichurri is an absolute madness. Loved a great consistency and how inviting it looks!
Thank you for your kind review, Jovita!
This is my favourite sauce. Perfect with steak.
I'm glad you enjoyed this sauce, Dannii!
Chimichurri is one of my absolute favorites! I love to spread it on everything. This recipe is spot on, thanks for sharing!
I'm glad you liked this Chimichurri recipe, Angela!
I made this chimichurri this week to add to our steak and it as perfect. It has just the right amount of flavors and it's not overpowering. Will be making this again for sure. Thank you!
I'm glad you liked this recipe, Kathryn!