The perfect combination of salty and sweet, these easy honey roasted cashews are a great treat to satisfy your sweet tooth! In this post I'll teach you all about how to make this fantastic recipe as well as give ideas to change it up with different flavors. They are perfect as a quick snack as well as for a homemade and delicious gift at Christmas time.
Are you team salty or sweet snack? If you ever find that you can't decide, this honey roasted cashews recipe is for you!
With a little salt, a bit of honey and a sprinkling of coconut sugar, these nuts are what you need the next time you're looking for something to sustain you until dinner.
With just, a handful of ingredients, 5 minutes of prep and less than 30 minutes until they're ready, you'll love this easy recipe.
I'll warn you though, with something this quick and delicious you'll need to exercise your willpower... It can be hard to resist reaching for just one (or twenty) more.
- Raw Cashews- Ensure that you are using unsalted, raw nuts for this recipe.
- Honey- Any kind will work.
- Avocado Oil- Olive oil or melted unsalted butter can be used instead.
- Fine Sea Salt
- Coconut Sugar- Regular granulated sugar can also be used.
1. Mix. Melt the honey in a large microwave safe bowl by microwaving in 20 seconds bursts until liquid. Add the avocado oil and salt (and any additional seasonings) and stir to combine. Pour the cashews into the honey mixture and fold until evenly coated.
2. Roast. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Spread the cashews out into a single layer, ensuring no overlap. Roast at 325 F for 10-14 minutes until lightly golden brown and fragrant. Keep a close eye on them after about 8 minutes to ensure that they don't get overdone.
3. Toss in sugar. Remove the pan from the oven and carefully pour or scoop the nuts into a large mixing bowl. Pour the coconut sugar, as well as any fresh herbs that you would like to use, over the bowl. Stir to evenly coat.
4. Cool. Spread the honey cashews back out onto the baking sheet in a single even layer to cool completely. (This ensures that they don't stick together).
Leftovers and Storage
To Store: Allow to completely cool and then store honey roasted cashews in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks at room temperature.
To Freeze: These can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
Make it Your Own
- Add Fresh Herbs- Add some fresh flavor by stirring in 1 teaspoon of freshly chopped herbs at the same time as the coconut sugar. Some great options are:
- Or add some seasoning to the honey mixture, such as:
- Ground cayenne pepper (a pinch)
- Garlic powder (⅛ tsp)
- Chili powder (¼ tsp)
- Ground Cinnamon (½ tsp)
- Maple Roasted Cashews- Use maple syrup in place of honey. For bonus maple flavor, use maple sugar in place of coconut sugar.
- Add vanilla extract- Add ½ teaspoon at the same time as the oil. (Highly recommend also adding a little cinnamon with this variation!)
There are so many great ways to use these cashews!
- As a snack on their own
- Added to a charcuterie board
- As a topping on a salad (such as this Mixed Berry Spinach Salad)
- Crumbled over ice cream
- Add them to cookies (such as these Oatmeal Cookies)
- Use them as a topping on a Cranberry Smoothie Bowl or your morning oatmeal
Give them as a Gift (Free Labels)
Homemade Honey Roasted Cashews are the perfect holiday gift for neighbors, hosts and more. Multiply the recipe to have plenty of treats to give to everyone on your list.To gift, allow cashews to cool completely, then package up into nice mason jars, download these gift labels and get creative!
You can print the labels on colored paper, sticker paper or regular paper. Feel free to glue or stick the tags on colored poster paper.
Use ribbon, twine or yarn to attach the tag to the jar and maybe add a bow.
You bet! You can use your favorite nut such as peanuts, walnuts, pecans or almonds instead. Ensure that you are using raw, unsalted nuts for this recipe. Also, the baking time can vary with different nuts, so keep a close eye on them to ensure that they don't get overdone.
LET ME PLAN YOUR DINNERS! Get My FREE Meal Plan (Including Grocery List!)>>>
And if you liked this recipe...
...you might also like:
Honey Roasted Cashews
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 °F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt together the honey in 20 second bursts. Mix in the avocado oil and salt. Add the cashews and stir to coat.
- Pour the cashews onto your prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-14 minutes. (I found mine tend to take 12 minutes). Watch closely after about 8 minutes to ensure that they don't get overdone.
- Remove roasted nuts from the oven and carefully place in a second large bowl. Mix in the coconut sugar. Pour back into an even layer to cool completely so that the nuts don't stick.
- Enjoy once cooled!
More Honey Recipes!