Have you tried Crispy Roasted Chickpeas yet? These Cajun Roasted Chickpeas are a spicy spin off. Seasoned with Cajun Seasoning, these are a crispy, healthy snack that definitely has some kick!
- Chickpeas- You can substitute 1 and ½ cups of dried chickpeas that have been cooked and cooled
- Olive Oil- You could use another neutral oil such as vegetable or canola if needed
- Cajun Seasoning- I typically use homemade Cajun Seasoning but if you have another Cajun or Creole seasoning on hand, you could use that. It may be may or less spicy so play around with it to suit your tastes.
- Dry the chickpeas.
- Season and bake at 400 F for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature (the key to crispy instead of burnt!) to 300 F and continue baking until crispy.
Store leftover Cajun Roasted Chickpeas in a container for up to 1 week. If they get soft, place on a baking sheet and roast at 300 F for 10-15 minutes until nice and crisp.
If you have dietary restrictions, check the packaging of specific ingredients that you use to ensure they are compliant. This recipe is:
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
In order to dry the chickpeas, I rinse and drain them in a colander and then transfer them to the baking sheet and place it in the oven while it is preheating. I then remove the pan and let them cool enough to handle before seasoning them and proceeding with the recipe. Alternatively, you can dry the chickpeas in a clean kitchen towel or paper towel.
To make clean up easier, you can roast them on parchment paper.
And if you liked this recipe...
...you might also like:
Cajun Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 (19 oz) can chickpeas drained, rinsed and dried
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 and ½ teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. Prepare a large baking sheet.
- Add chickpeas to a large bowl and combine with oil and seasonings. Spread on prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 20 minutes, removing to stir after 10 minutes.
- At the end of 20 minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 300 °F and continue to roast 30-40 more minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for at least 10 minutes. Enjoy!
More Healthy Snacks!
Oh yum! I love that kick of flavor in these roasted chickpeas. Such a delicious and easy snack.
Thank you for your kind review, Tara!
These chickpeas make a perfect afternoon snack. This is a must make recipe people!
Thank you for your kind review, Beth!
I love anything Cajun and these were so easy to make! Perfect healthy snack!!
I'm glad you liked this recipe, Casey!
This made the perfect appetizer to our meal! I love the use of the Cajun spices too! So good!
Thank you for your kind review, Jamie!
I made these chickpeas on Monday, and they've been great to snack on all week!
I'm glad you enjoyed this recipe, Tayler!