Making Cajun Seasoning from scratch is super easy and uses just common spices that you probably have already in your pantry. Try it on chicken or fish, use it make this quick and easy Cajun corn or on roasted chickpeas!
- Paprika- You can use regular or smoked paprika
- Fine Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Oregano
- Ground Cayenne Pepper- Feel free to add a bit more or less depending on your spice tolerance
- Dried Thyme
- Add all of the ingredients to a jar with an airtight lid and shake until combined.
Store prepared spice mix for up to 1 year in an airtight container or jar at room temperature. If kept for longer, the spices will get less potent and you may need to use more than is called for in a recipe.
How to Use Cajun Seasoning
Use directly in recipes that call for Cajun or creole seasoning. I also like to use it in some recipes that call for seafood seasoning such as Old Bay. Some ideas:
If you have dietary restrictions, check the packaging of specific ingredients that you use to ensure they are compliant. This recipe is:
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
And if you liked this recipe...
...you might also like:
- 3 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- ½ tablespoon dried thyme
- Measure out all of the ingredients into a jar with an airtight lid. Close the lid and shake until well combined. Use as directed in any recipe that calls for Cajun seasoning.
I love how easily this homemade spice mix comes together with pantry staples. So much flavor and perfect with so many things too.
Thank you for your kind review, Tara!
We used it on chicken thighs and the flavor is perfect. I'll never buy cajun seasoning again!
I'm glad you enjoyed this seasoning, Beth!
Love homemade seasoning blends. This cajun seasoning will definitely come in handy.
Thank you for your kind review!
A homemade spice mix is always the best. This cajun seasoning looks perfect!
Thank you for your kind review, Kushigalu!
I make this cajun seasoning all the time and always have it in the pantry. It tastes good on so many things!
I'm glad you like this recipe, Tayler!