A little sweet and a little spicy, this Cajun honey butter corn is a delicious side dish to so many recipes. You'll love how flavorful it is and how easy it is to make.
Meet Honey Butter Cajun Corn. She's sweet. She's spicy. And she is super easy to make!
Next time you're looking for a simple vegetable side dish to add to a meal (such as Baked Cajun Honey Butter Salmon) or something take to a pot luck, give this recipe a try!
- Frozen Corn
- Cajun Honey Butter - If you have some already on hand you can use that! You would need 3 tbsp.
- Butter- Salted or unsalted butter will work.
- Cajun Seasoning
- Mix. Place the corn, butter, honey, cajun seasoning and water in a sauce pan and stir.
- Cook. Simmer over medium heat for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. It is done when the corn is soft and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
Leftovers and Storage
To Store: Store leftover Cajun Corn in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
To Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the stove. For stovetop, add 2 tablespoon of water and heat over medium for 5-10 minutes, stirring often.
Make it Your Own
This corn is a super simple and delicious side dish. If you'd like to give it a little more "pizzazz", you could:
- Add Onions- Dice ½ cup of onions and sauté in 1 teaspoon of olive oil until softened and lightly caramelized. Then add the remaining ingredients for the recipe and cook as directed.
- Add Peppers- Dice ½ cup of bell pepper and sauté in olive oil until softened. Resume with the recipe.
- Add Onions and Peppers
- Make it creamy- stir in 1-2 tablespoon of cream cheese in the last minute of cooking.
This Cajun Corn is an easy vegetable side dish that is perfect for adding to so many meals! Some ways that we've enjoyed it are:
- With pork ribs or Pulled Pork
- On top of mashed potatoes
- As a side to salmon
- Alongside Simple Barbecued Burgers
LET ME PLAN YOUR DINNERS! Get My FREE Meal Plan (Including Grocery List!)>>>
And if you liked this recipe...
...you might also like these other Cajun seasoned recipes!
- Cajun Chicken Sheet Pan (With Honey Butter)
- Roasted Cajun Chickpeas
- Cajun Shrimp Rice Skillet
- Sautéed Frozen Green Beans
Cajun Honey Butter Corn
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium saucepan and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until corn is soft and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
More Side Dish Ideas!