This Cajun Shrimp Rice Skillet is a spin on Lemon Herb Shrimp Rice Skillet and is an easy one pot meal. Its flavors are reminiscent of a Jambalaya but is ready in under 30 minutes!
- Butter- Salted or unsalted butter will work. If you need the recipe to be dairy free, you can substitute olive oil.
- Rice- Long grain white rice such as jasmine or basmati is what we typically use.
- Cajun Seasoning- I like to use this homemade blend but any Cajun Seasoning you have on hand should work
- Sea Salt- Adjust to your tastes- depending on the seasoning mix you use, you may need less or more
- Shrimp- I typically use a 340 g bag of peeled and deveined frozen shrimp. I prefer to use 71-90 count so that there is some shrimp in every bite, but any size should work.
- Frozen Corn
- Melt butter and toast rice.
- Add water and seasoning.
- Add shrimp and corn.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Reheat in the microwave with a splash of water.
Cajun Shrimp Rice Skillet Variations
We usually just add frozen corn, but feel free to substitute or add in more vegetables (up to 3 cups total). Some ideas:
- Bell Pepper
If you have dietary restrictions, check the packaging of specific ingredients that you use to ensure they are compliant. This recipe is:
- Dairy Free - If you use olive oil in place of butter.
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
And if you liked this Shrimp and Rice Skillet…
…you might also like:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 and ½ cups long grain white rice
- 3 and ¼ cups water
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt plus additional to taste
- 1 (12 oz) bag frozen shrimp thawed, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup frozen corn no need to thaw
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add butter. Once butter is melted, add rice to skillet and stir until lightly toasted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the Cajun seasoning followed by the water. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the corn, place the shrimp on top, cover and allow to cook for 3-5 more minutes, until the shrimp are cooked through and the rice is tender.
- Serve immediately.
More One Pot Meal Ideas!