This Mediterranean Salad is quick to make and full of fresh flavors. It is easily customizable and the leftovers taste even better so it is the perfect meal to make ahead for quick lunches throughout the week.
- Bell Peppers- Use whatever colors are your favorite. You can easily add an additional pepper to the salad or reduce them and add more of a vegetable that you like better.
- Cucumber- I typically use a long English cucumber but any type that you like the taste of will work.
- Red Onion- If your red onion has a strong bite to it, try placing the chopped onion in cold water for 10-20 minutes then drain and add it to the salad. If you don’t like onion, it can be left out.
- Parsley- Chopped parsley adds flavour and some volume to the salad. You can definitely omit it if you prefer.
- Chickpeas- You can use canned chickpeas or about 1 and ½ cups cooked. Feel free to double the amount, particularly if you are leaving out the chicken.
- Feta- You can substitute goat cheese or leave the cheese out altogether.
- Chicken- Adding around 2 cups of shredded (or diced) chicken breast makes it more filling if you are planning to eat it as a meal. If serving as a side or looking to be vegan friendly, feel free to leave it out.
- Mediterranean Vinaigrette- Whip up a batch of this mediterranean salad dressing or use your favorite that you already have on hand.
- Chop all of the vegetables and mix together in a large bowl.
- Stir in dressing and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Leftover and Storage
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Switch up the vegetables! Try adding:
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes or diced whole tomato
- 2-4 cups Romaine Lettuce, Spinach or Arugula
- Top it with Crispy Roasted Chickpeas - Make a batch and add it to the salad just before serving so that they stay crunchy- like croutons! Feel free to reduce the amount of regular chickpeas that you put in the salad if you prefer.
How to Serve Mediterranean Salad
LET ME PLAN YOUR DINNERS! Get My FREE Meal Plan (Including Grocery List!)>>>
And if you liked this recipe...
...you might also like:
- Loaded Avocado Chickpea Toast
- Thai Peanut Salad
- Bruschetta Chicken Sheet Pan
- Baked Herb Tomato Zucchini
- 2 bell peppers diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 large cucumber sliced and quartered (about 2 cups)
- ¼ red onion thinly sliced (about ½ cup)
- 1 (19 oz) can chickpeas drained and rinsed (or 1 and ½ cups cooked)
- 1 bunch parsley chopped (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup feta crumbled
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast about 2 small
- ½ cup Mediterranean Vinaigrette (one batch)
- In a large bowl, combine all of the vegetables, chickpeas, chicken and cheese (if using). Stir in¼ cup of dressing plus additional to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.