This Mediterranean Salad is quick to make and full of fresh flavors. It is easily customizable and the leftovers taste even better so it is the perfect meal to make ahead for quick lunches throughout the week.
- Bell Peppers- Use whatever colors are your favorite. You can easily add an additional pepper to the salad or reduce them and add more of a vegetable that you like better.
- Cucumber- I typically use a long English cucumber but any type that you like the taste of will work.
- Red Onion- If your red onion has a strong bite to it, try placing the chopped onion in cold water for 10-20 minutes then drain and add it to the salad. If you don’t like onion, it can be left out.
- Parsley- Chopped parsley adds flavour and some volume to the salad. You can definitely omit it if you prefer.
- Chickpeas- You can use canned chickpeas or about 1 and ½ cups cooked. Feel free to double the amount, particularly if you are leaving out the chicken.
- Feta- You can substitute goat cheese or leave the cheese out altogether.
- Chicken- Adding around 2 cups of shredded (or diced) chicken breast makes it more filling if you are planning to eat it as a meal. If serving as a side or looking to be vegan friendly, feel free to leave it out.
- Mediterranean Vinaigrette- Whip up a batch of this mediterranean salad dressing or use your favorite that you already have on hand.
- Chop all of the vegetables and mix together in a large bowl.
- Stir in dressing and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Switch up the vegetables! Try adding:
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes or diced whole tomato
- 2-4 cups Romaine Lettuce, Spinach or Arugula
- Top it with Crispy Roasted Chickpeas - Make a batch and add it to the salad just before serving so that they stay crunchy- like croutons! Feel free to reduce the amount of regular chickpeas that you put in the salad if you prefer.
How to Serve Mediterranean Salad
This salad is great it on its own as a meal or works well as a side dish. Try it alongside Simple Barbecued Burgers, Cumin Chicken and Carrots or Herb and Garlic Baked Cod.
If you have dietary restrictions, check the packaging of specific ingredients that you use to ensure they are compliant. This recipe is:
- Dairy Free - If you omit the feta.
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
- Paleo - If you omit the chickpeas and feta.
- Vegetarian - If you omit the chicken.
- Vegan - If you omit the chicken and feta.
And if you liked this recipe...
...you might also like:
- Loaded Avocado Chickpea Toast
- Thai Peanut Salad
- Bruschetta Chicken Sheet Pan
- Baked Herb Tomato Zucchini
Fresh, easy and healthy, this salad is quick to make and very customizable. Great for lunch meal prep!Print Pin Rate
- 2 bell peppers diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 large cucumber sliced and quartered (about 2 cups)
- ¼ red onion thinly sliced (about ½ cup)
- 1 (19 oz) can chickpeas drained and rinsed (or 1 and ½ cups cooked)
- 1 bunch parsley chopped (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup feta crumbled
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast about 2 small
- ½ cup Mediterranean Vinaigrette (one batch)
- In a large bowl, combine all of the vegetables, chickpeas, chicken and cheese (if using). Stir in¼ cup of dressing plus additional to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Leftovers Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 180mg | Potassium: 393mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1375IU | Vitamin C: 53mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 2mg
Did you make this recipe?Let me know what you thought in the comments below!
A wonderful salad full of healthy ingredients! Will make again soon.
I'm glad you enjoyed this recipe, Gina!
PERFECT salad recipe for me right now in this hot weather! Made a huge batch for meal prep this week! Dressing is light and fantastic!
I'm glad you enjoyed this recipe, Casey!
This is perfect for a quick lunch while I work from home!
Thank you for your kind review, Jess!
This was so delicious and so easy to make!!
I'm glad you enjoyed this recipe, Ai!
Love the combination of flavors in this salad recipe. So delicious. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for your kind review, Kushigalu!