This Baked Herb Tomato Zucchini is the recipe to get zucchini skeptics to eat their vegetables. With flavors that remind me of a tomato bruschetta, they might even reach for a second helping! With just a few simple ingredients and 10 minutes of prep, it is a great recipe to add to your rotation.
- Zucchini- If you want to make this with a larger, late season zucchini, I recommend peeling it and removing the seeds.
- Tomatoes- I typically use whole cherry or grape tomatoes for this recipe. If they are on the large side, cut them in half. You can also use a larger type of tomato- just cut it into ¾ inch dice or wedges.
- Parsley- If you have fresh on hand, definitely use that! You will need 2 tablespoon finely chopped.
- Basil- Use 2 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh basil if you have it on hand.
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Parmesan- This can be left out. Or for extra decadence, double the amount of parmesan and mix half of it into the dish with herbs and garlic and use the other half for topping.
- Combine all ingredients in a baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Stir and sprinkle parmesan on top if using.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Store leftover Baked Herb Tomato Zucchini in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or in the oven at 350 F for 10-15 minutes until heated through. I don't recommend freezing as it will alter the texture of the zucchini.
This can be assembled up to 1 day in advance prior to baking. Prepare, cover and place in the refrigerator and bake when ready.
How to Serve Baked Herb Tomato Zucchini
LET ME PLAN YOUR DINNERS! Get My FREE Meal Plan (Including Grocery List!)>>>
If you have dietary restrictions, check the packaging of specific ingredients that you use to ensure they are compliant. This recipe is:
- Dairy Free - If you omit the Parmesan.
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
- Paleo - If you omit the Parmesan.
- Vegan - If you omit the Parmesan.
And if you liked this...
...you might also like:
Baked Herb Tomato Zucchini
- 3 medium zucchini sliced into ½ inch thick quarters (1 and ½ lbs/680 g; about 5 cups)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt plus additional to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan freshly grated (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- In a 7x11 inch or similar baking dish, combine all of the ingredients except for the parmesan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir and top with parmesan cheese if using.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and zucchini is tender and serve.
More Side Dishes!