This Baked Herb Tomato Zucchini is the recipe to get zucchini skeptics to eat their vegetables. With flavors that remind me of a tomato bruschetta, they might even reach for a second helping! With just a few simple ingredients and 10 minutes of prep, it is a great recipe to add to your rotation.
- Zucchini- If you want to make this with a larger, late season zucchini, I recommend peeling it and removing the seeds.
- Tomatoes- I typically use whole cherry or grape tomatoes for this recipe. If they are on the large side, cut them in half. You can also use a larger type of tomato- just cut it into ¾ inch dice or wedges.
- Parsley- If you have fresh on hand, definitely use that! You will need 2 tablespoon finely chopped.
- Basil- Use 2 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh basil if you have it on hand.
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Parmesan- This can be left out. Or for extra decadence, double the amount of parmesan and mix half of it into the dish with herbs and garlic and use the other half for topping.
- Combine all ingredients in a baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Stir and sprinkle parmesan on top if using.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Store leftover Baked Herb Tomato Zucchini in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or in the oven at 350 F for 10-15 minutes until heated through. I don't recommend freezing as it will alter the texture of the zucchini.
This can be assembled up to 1 day in advance prior to baking. Prepare, cover and place in the refrigerator and bake when ready.
How to Serve Baked Herb Tomato Zucchini
This is a great side dish with a variety of meals! Try it with Lemon Garlic Herb Cod and Lemon Herb Rice. Or it would be a good way to add some vegetables alongside Simple Barbecued Burgers.
If you have dietary restrictions, check the packaging of specific ingredients that you use to ensure they are compliant. This recipe is:
- Dairy Free - If you omit the Parmesan.
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
- Paleo - If you omit the Parmesan.
- Vegan - If you omit the Parmesan.
And if you liked this...
...you might also like:
Baked Herb Tomato Zucchini
- 3 medium zucchini sliced into ½ inch thick quarters (1 and ½ lbs/680 g; about 5 cups)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt plus additional to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan freshly grated (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- In a 7x11 inch or similar baking dish, combine all of the ingredients except for the parmesan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir and top with parmesan cheese if using.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and zucchini is tender and serve.
More Side Dishes!
This was so vibrant and tasty! A perfect way to use up the squash in the garden! Thank you.
Thank you for your kind review, Kristen!
I made this zucchini with dinner last night and my whole family loved it! I already can't wait to make it again!
I'm glad you enjoyed this recipe, Tayler!
This baked herb casserole dish is perfect for a light meal love the freshness and will make it again soon!
Thank you for your kind review, Claudia!
We have huge zucchinis growing in our backyard and this recipe was a lifesaver! Thanks so much for sharing this delicious recipe!
I'm glad you enjoyed this recipe, Joyce!
I am always in search of good courgette recipes, as we have lots growing in the garden! This recipe is definitely getting printed and going in our collection of best summer recipes! Made it last night as a side dish to chicken and the whole family enjoyed it immensely!
I'm glad you enjoyed this recipe, Ieva! Thank you for your kind review.
i LOVE this recipe and it is so satisfying without the bloat
I'm glad you enjoyed this recipe, Nancy!
Such a great way to use up the zucchini from the garden!
Thank you for your kind review, Shelby!
I absolutely love this dish! It's the perfect side dish - full of savory flavors and so delicious!
I'm glad you enjoyed this recipe, ChihYu!
Oh YES! I love this and each tomatoes and zucchini every-which-way . . but never thought to make a bake! So quick to preassemble and then toss in the oven on busy nights - LOVED IT!
Yay! Thank you for your kind review, Jennifer!
Made this for a family event and it was a great way to get my nieces and nephews to eat their vegetables! Thank you!
I'm glad you all enjoyed this recipe!
Yum, baked zucchini is one of my favorite side dishes, especially each summer. Thanks for this new recipe!
Thank you for your kind review, Megan!
So delicious and healthy even my family who are not zucchini fans loved it. The best part was I got to use my own home grown zucchini and cherry tomatoes to make it. I definitely will make this again . Thank you for this simple to follow and yummy recipe 😋
I'm glad you enjoyed this recipe, Sandy!
I made this recipe again and loving it again . So easy and so tasty. It was very nice to be able to use my own garden vegetables and herbs.👍
I'm glad you like this recipe! Thank you for your kind review ☺️