This Lemon Garlic Herb Cod is a quick and easy recipe that works with your favorite white fish. It is ready in under 30 minutes and is great with a variety of side dishes.
- Cod- This recipe would also work well with another white fish such as haddock or halibut.
- Butter- Extra Virgin Olive Oil would work as a dairy free substitute.
- Lemon Juice- This cod definitely has a strong lemon flavor. Feel free to reduce the lemon juice to 1 tablespoon if preferred.
- Thyme and Rosemary- Fresh or dried will work. You can use just one for all of it if that's what you have on hand.
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Mix together melted butter, lemon juice, garlic, herbs and seasonings.
- Place cod into a baking pan and cover with prepared sauce.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave.
How to Serve Lemon Garlic Herb Cod
If you have dietary restrictions, check the packaging of specific ingredients that you use to ensure they are compliant. This recipe is:
- Dairy Free - If you use olive oil in place of butter.
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
And if you liked this recipe...
...you might also like:
- 1 lb cod fillets
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme finely chopped, or ½ teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary finely chopped, or ½ teaspoon dried
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter. Add lemon juice, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Place cod in a shallow baking dish. Spoon ⅓ butter mixture over cod, rub in and flip. Spoon remaining sauce over cod.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through to 145 F and flaky. Serve hot, topped with juices from baking dish.
More Main Dish Recipes!