Cool, refreshing and naturally sweetened, this frozen strawberry lemonade is the perfect treat for sipping on a hot summer's day! All you need is 4 ingredients, a blender and 5 minutes.
- Strawberries- The strawberries are the base of this drink and so quality of strawberry that you use will definitely impact the quality of the drink. I have made this with just regular frozen strawberries from the grocery store and with fresh picked strawberries that had been frozen and it was noticeably better with the fresh strawberries! That said, it was still pretty tasty with the grocery store ones too- just needed to add more honey. I also found that I could get away with replacing up to ½ of the strawberries with regular ice cubes when using the fresher berries.
- Lemon Juice
- Honey- Add additional to taste depending on how sweet you want it and how sweet the berries that you are using are. You can substitute agave syrup, maple syrup or regular sugar if you prefer.
- Water- Just add enough to reach your desired consistency.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
This drink is best consumed immediately. If you have leftovers, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days and drink it cold as strawberry lemonade.
Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Variations
Frozen Strawberry Limeade- Replace the lemon juice with lime juice.
Change up the berries- blueberries, raspberries or blackberries would all be tasty options. Depending on how sweet the berries are, you may need more or less honey.
If you have dietary restrictions, check the packaging of specific ingredients that you use to ensure they are compliant. This recipe is:
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
- Refined Sugar Free
And if you liked this recipe...
...you might also like:
- 1 and ½ cups frozen strawberries
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon honey plus additional to taste
- ¼-1/2 cup water
- Add the strawberries, lemon juice, honey and ¼ cup of water to a high powered blender. Blend until smooth, adding water as needed.
- Taste and add more honey as desired. Pulse blender to mix in extra honey. Serve immediately.
More refreshing drinks!