A summertime favorite gets a mild honey flavor twist in this refreshing homemade lemonade recipe! Perfect for hot summer days, you need just 3 simple ingredients and a few minutes to whip up this honey-sweetened lemonade. For best results, use fresh lemons and serve with a full glass of ice.
Like a refreshing drink of sunshine, a cold glass of lemonade in hand can make any day feel like summer.
Living in Alberta, summer is too short and so precious. And in the dark days of December, sometimes you need an escape.
Transport yourself to the feeling of hot days with this easy honey lemonade recipe. When you close your eyes, you can almost feel the sunshine on your back, smell the fresh flowers and hear the birds chirping.
And if you are so lucky to live somewhere that warm days are a regular occurence, this delicious lemonade is the perfect refreshment for you too!
Thirst quenching and vibrant, this recipe is so much better than store-bought lemonade. Made without refined sugar and artificial flavors, it has a mild honey flavor profile and the robust taste of fresh lemon juice.
It keeps well in the fridge so you might want to make a double batch of this refreshing treat!
- Lemon Juice- If you have the time, I encourage you to use freshly squeezed lemon juice- you need about 2-3 lemons. Bottled, pure lemon juice will also work though.
- Honey Simple Syrup- This 2 ingredient recipe takes just a few minutes and ensures the raw honey dissolves rather than settling to the bottom. Make a big batch so you have some on hand any time you want to make lemonade- it will keep for a month.
- Cold Water
1. Make the Honey Simple Syrup. In a small saucepan combine equal parts filtered water and honey. Warm over medium heat, stirring often until the honey is dissolved. Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature. (For full details and variations, including how to infuse it with fresh herbs, be sure to check out the post!)
2. Mix. In a large pitcher, combine lemon juice, cooled simple syrup and water. Whisk together until well mixed.
3. Serve. Lemonade is best served cold so be sure to add a few cups of ice to the pitcher and serving glasses.
Make Ahead and Storage
Make Ahead: Lemonade can be made a day in advance. Cover and store in the refrigerator and wait to add ice until just before serving so that it doesn't get watered down.
To Store: Store leftovers in covered mason jars or a pitcher in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Make it Your Own
- Sparkling Lemonade- Use club soda or sparkling water in place of water.
- Frozen Lemonade- Combine ½ cup lemon juice, ½ cup honey syrup, 2 and ½ cups ice and ½-1 cup water in a blender and pulse until slushie. Or try this Strawberry Variation!
- Limeade- Change up the citrus flavors and use lime juice in place of lemon.
- Other Natural Sweeteners- You could make this by using maple syrup or agave syrup in place of the honey in the simple syrup (a good option if you're looking to make a vegan lemonade without white sugar).
Lemonade is great all on its own and is also an easy and delicious refreshment for hosting! Backyard Barbecues, Baby Showers, or just an afternoon visit with a friend.
If you're feeling fancy, garnish each glass with a lemon wedge, lemon zest or some fresh mint.
If you'd like to serve this cold drink with some food, here are some suggestions:
Yes, but if you have the time, freshly squeezed will taste a bit better!
LET ME PLAN YOUR DINNERS! Get My FREE Meal Plan (Including Grocery List!)>>>
And if you liked this recipe...
...you might also like:
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup honey simple syrup
- Whisk together all ingredients until combined.
- Serve over ice.
More refreshing Drinks!