Just two ingredients is all you need to make your own Honey Simple Syrup! It is the perfect way to sweeten Honey Lemonade or to make a mojito.
Plus instructions for how to make different infused flavours!
- Honey- I used a solid, unpasteurized honey but a liquid honey will also work.
1. Simmer. Place the honey and water into a small sauce pan. Heat over medium-low for 5-10 minutes, stirring often. The simple syrup is done as soon as the honey is dissolved and incorporated.
2. Cool. Remove the syrup from the stove and allow to cool completely, about 10 minutes, before using or storing.
Make Ahead: Honey simple syrup will stay good in the refrigerator for up to 1 month so it is a great recipe to make ahead!
To Store: Store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 month or freeze for up to 3 months.
Make Infused Honey Sweetened Syrup
- Once the honey is dissolved and incorporated, add one of the suggestions below and simmer for 1 additional minute.
- Remove the pot from heat and allow the simple syrup to continue to steep for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the infuser and strain if needed.
- Use or store.
Suggestions for Infusion:
- Mint- Use about 2-4 tablespoon of fresh leaves.
- Ginger- Use a small chunk (about ½ inch, peeled) of fresh ginger root.
- Cinnamon- Add a cinnamon stick.
How to Use Honey Syrup
Simple syrup works great for mixing into beverages and other liquid recipes. Since the honey has been dissolved, it will incorporate better than honey or sugar alone. Try using it:
- To make Lemonade, Iced Tea or Guava White Tea Lemonade
- In salad dressings in place of honey or sugar
- To make your favourite cocktails such as a Mojito
- As a sweetener for coffee, iced coffee or tea
Whatever you like! This method will work to make simple syrup with any type of honey. However, you may wish to consider what you are using the simple syrup for. Most often, darker honey will have a more pronounced flavour and the syrup will be darker. Depending on how you plan to use it, you may wish to use a lighter honey.
LET ME PLAN YOUR DINNERS! Get My FREE Meal Plan (Including Grocery List!)>>>
If you have dietary restrictions, check the packaging of specific ingredients that you use to ensure they are compliant. This recipe is:
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
- Refined Sugar Free
And if you liked this recipe...
...you might also like:
Honey Simple Syrup
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup water
- Place ingredients into a small saucepan. Heat over medium-low for 5-10 minutes, stirring often, until honey is dissolved and incorporated.
- Allow to cool completely and then use as desired or store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
More Homemade Basics!