This Pineapple Salsa is full of fresh flavors and makes an easy summer appetizer. It is delicious on its own with tortilla chips or try it on top of a grilled chicken breast or tacos!
- Pineapple- I recommend using a fresh pineapple diced into chunks for optimal flavor. If needed, you could try using a can of drained diced pineapple but it will not taste the same.
- Cilantro, Jalapeno, Red Onion- You’ll find this classic trifecta in most fresh salsa recipes. I don’t recommend omitting any of them unless you really dislike them.
- Avocado- You’ll want to use a just ripe avocado so that it is firm enough to cut into chunks and hold up when stirred.
- Lime juice- The sauce that brings it all together (and helps prevent the avocado from browning). You can use a freshly squeezed lime or bottled juice for ease.
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper- Play around with these to suit your tastes.
- Chop everything and place in a bowl.
- Stir and refrigerate until ready to serve!
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and serve chilled. The salsa tastes even better as leftovers as the flavors have a chance to combine, so it is a great recipe to make ahead!
- Make it spicier- Add an additional jalapeno or ⅛ teaspoon of ground cayenne.
- Mango Salsa- Replace all or part of the pineapple with freshly diced mango.
- Strawberry Pineapple Salsa- Add 1 cup of freshly diced strawberries and use 2 cups of pineapple.
How to Serve Pineapple Salsa
- Try this salsa out on its own as an appetizer alongside some tortilla chips.
- Use it on pork carnitas tacos or burrito bowls.
- Mix it with some chopped romaine or other greens and top with a grilled chicken breast for a fresh summer salad.
If you have dietary restrictions, check the packaging of specific ingredients that you use to ensure they are compliant. This recipe is:
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
And if you liked this recipe...
...you might also like:
- 3 cups fresh pineapple diced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 small jalapeño finely chopped with seeds and membranes removed
- ½ small red onion diced, about ½ cup
- 1 large avocado diced
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- tortilla chips optional, for serving
- Place all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
More Tasty Appetizers!