Loaded with sweet pineapple, creamy avocado and zesty lime juice, this pineapple pico de gallo salsa is the perfect topping or side dish to tacos, nachos and more. Full of tropical flavors and vibrant colors, it is sure to be a hit!
Your next taco night just got a whole lot better thanks to this tropical twist on traditional pico de gallo!
Made from just 8 simple ingredients and the perfect balance of sweet and savoury, it is a great option alongside your favorite Mexican dishes.
I literally never make pork carnitas without this chunky salsa. In fact, I might eat carnitas just as an excuse to eat this. I have been known to forget to put the pork on my corn tortilla from time to time...
So I won't judge you if you want to eat this right off the spoon!
- Pineapple-For optimal flavour, I recommend dicing a fresh pineapple into small cubes. In a pinch, you could try using a can of drained diced pineapple but it will not taste as fresh.
- Fresh Cilantro
- Jalapeno- Slice in half remove the seeds and membranes then chop into very small pieces.
- Red Onion- If needed, you can substitute with a yellow or white onion.
- Avocado- You’ll want to use a just ripe avocado so that it is firm enough to cut into chunks and hold up when stirred.
- Lime juice- You can use a fresh lime juice or bottled juice for ease. Lemon juice could also be used if needed.
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper- Play around with these to suit your tastes.
1. Chop. Dice up all of the ingredients.
2. Combine. Stir together in a large bowl.
3. Refrigerate. For optimal flavour, refrigerate for at least an hour before serving, but you can serve immediately if needed.
Make Ahead: The salsa tastes even better the next day as the flavors have a chance to combine, so it is a great recipe to make ahead!
To Store: Store leftover pineapple pico de gallo salsa in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and serve chilled.
Make it Your Own
- Change up the spice level-
- Spicier Salsa- Add an additional jalapeno or use habanero peppers or serrano peppers instead.
- Milder- Omit the jalapeno pepper and use a bell pepper instead.
- Mango Salsa- Replace all or part of the pineapple with freshly diced mango.
- Add Strawberries- Add 1 cup of freshly diced strawberries and use 2 cups of pineapple.
- Include Tomatoes- Add 1 cup of diced ripe tomatoes.
This fresh salsa recipe is tasty so many ways! Use it:
- As an appetizer or healthy snack with some tortilla chips for a crowd-pleasing dip.
- As a topping on your favourite Mexican dishes such as these pork carnitas, fish tacos or burrito bowls.
- To make a salad with some chopped romaine or other greens and maybe a grilled chicken breast.
If you have dietary restrictions, check the packaging of specific ingredients that you use to ensure they are compliant. This recipe is:
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
And if you liked this recipe...
...you might also like:
Pineapple Pico de Gallo Salsa
- 3 cups fresh pineapple diced
- 1 large avocado diced
- ½ small red onion diced, about ½ cup
- 1 small jalapeño finely chopped with seeds and membranes removed
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Chop all of the ingredients. Place in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
More Tasty Appetizers!
This pineapple salsa recipe sounds delicious. Perfect for Taco Tuesday!
Thank you for your kind review, Biana!
What an easy delicious recipe, it has now become a family favorite and we make it often delicious with anything on the table!
I'm glad you enjoyed this salsa, Claudia!
Great fresh flavors make a refreshing and delicious salsa. Can't wait to dig in!
Thank you for your kind review, Andrea!
Such a delicious salsa recipe! The perfect way to top tacos!
I'm glad you enjoyed this recipe, Dijana!
Jersey Girl Cooks
I love fresh salsa like this one! So much great flavor. Perfect for tacos but I like it on seafood and chicken too.
Thank you for your kind review!