Some snacks and activities just go together. Popcorn with a movie, hiking with trail mix and peanuts at a baseball game. And for some reason, this Corn and Black Bean Salsa has become an automatic when we go camping.
It tastes even better after sitting, so it works great for us to make and take to snack on for the whole weekend. But it's so delicious, I don't know why I usually wait until we're going camping to make it!
- Tomatoes- You will need fresh tomatoes for this recipe that have been diced- any variety (large or small) will work.
- Black Beans- Try making black beans from scratch or you can use canned beans that have been rinsed and drained
- Corn- You can use canned, frozen (and thawed) or fresh corn. Or try making the recipe with roasted corn!
- Red Onion- You can omit if you don't like onion. In order to make the onion less "bity", try soaking the diced onion in cold water for 10-20, then drain and add to the recipe.
- Cilantro- Leave it out if you're not a fan!
- Lime Juice
- Sea Salt
- Garlic Powder- Feel free to substitute 1-2 cloves of freshly minced garlic.
- Black Pepper
- Chop everything and place in a bowl.
- Stir and refrigerate until ready to serve!
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and serve chilled. The salsa tastes even better as leftovers as the flavors have a chance to combine, so it is a great recipe to make ahead!
This recipe is extremely customizable! Feel free to vary the amount of add ins to suit your tastes and leave out anything you don't like. Or try some of these ideas:
- Avocado Salsa- add 1 or 2 diced avocados
- Spicy Salsa- Add 1 chopped jalapeno
- Fruity Salsa- Try adding 1-2 cups of diced mango, pineapple, papaya, peach or watermelon for a sweet twist
How to Serve Corn and Black Bean Salsa
This salsa is a delicious served as a dip with tortilla chips. Or try it:
- As a topping on grilled chicken or fish
- On scrambled eggs or an omelet
- As a salad- add some chopped romaine, an extra squeeze of lime juice and maybe a chopped chicken breast
- Topped on tacos or burrito bowls
LET ME PLAN YOUR DINNERS! Get My FREE Meal Plan (Including Grocery List!)>>>
If you have dietary restrictions, check the packaging of specific ingredients that you use to ensure they are compliant. This recipe is:
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
And if you liked this recipe...
...you might also like:
Corn and Black Bean Salsa
- 1 and ½ cups tomatoes diced
- 1 cup Black Beans
- 1 cup corn
- ¼ cup red onion finely chopped, about ¼ of an onion
- 2 tablespoon cilantro finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon lime juice (1 lime)
- ½ to 1 teaspoon fine sea salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour (for best flavor) or serve immediately!