Nachos are a regular on our Friday night menu, especially these White Cheddar Chicken Nachos. They are the best! Quick and easy, they feed two people very generously or more as part of an appetizer spread.
- Tortilla Chips
- Nacho Chicken- I highly recommend making this Nacho Chicken for these- they add so much flavor! That said, some leftover Carnitas would also be tasty.
- Red Onion- You can substitute with yellow onion or leave them off.
- White Cheddar- For best results, shred the cheese yourself. Pre shredded cheese tends to not melt as nicely. Feel free to substitute regular cheddar, Monterey Jack or another favorite cheese.
- Red Pepper Flakes- These add a nice touch of spice to the nachos! Sensitive to spice? Reduce them or leave them off altogether.
- Layer tortilla chips, followed by chicken, onions, cheese and red pepper flakes.
- Repeat with remaining layers.
- Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly.
These nachos are best enjoyed fresh. However, leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days. To reheat, place in an oven safe dish and heat at 350 for 5-10 minutes until warmed through and cheese is melted.
Serving White Cheddar Chicken Nachos
Load these nachos up with all of your favorite toppings and sides! Some ideas:
- Guacamole or sliced avocado
- Diced fresh tomatoes
- This Corn and Black Bean Salsa or
- My favourite Easy Salsa (Ready in 5 minutes!)
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Sliced green onions
- Sliced jalapenos
LET ME PLAN YOUR DINNERS! Get My FREE Meal Plan (Including Grocery List!)>>>
If you have dietary restrictions, check the packaging of specific ingredients that you use to ensure they are compliant. This recipe is:
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
Alternate Baking Dishes
You can make these in any oven safe dish you have on hand! Cooking time may be reduced with less layers so start checking after 10 minutes.
- 3 layers in a 9x9 inch dish
- 2 layers in a 9x13 inch dish or sheet pan
- 1 layer on a 12x16 inch sheet pan or double the recipe to make 2 layers.
And if you liked this recipe...
...you might also like:
White Cheddar and Chicken Nachos
- 5-7 oz tortilla chips (a little over half of a 295 g/10 oz bag)
- 1 and ½ cups Shredded Nacho Chicken
- ¼ red onion finely chopped (about ½-3/4 cup)
- 4 cups white cheddar cheese
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
- In a 10 inch cast iron skillet (see post for other options), lay tortilla chips in a single layer, covering the entire bottom. Top evenly with ½ cup shredded chicken, followed by 2-4 tablespoon chopped red onion, and finally 1 ⅓ cup grated cheddar. Sprinkle with ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, depending on spice preferences.
- Repeat with an additional two layers in the same order. Place skillet in the oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot with desired toppings and dips.