Looking for an easy, healthy and comforting soup? Look no further than this Creamy Pot Pie Soup recipe!
You'll love this soup because it is...
- made entirely in one pot,
- takes less than an hour and
- thanks to bagged frozen vegetables, there is only about 10 minutes of cutting and preparation required!
- Chicken- If you have leftover cooked turkey or chicken, you can use 2-3 cups in place of the chicken breasts. Shred or dice it and add it at the end with the cashew milk. If you would like this to be a vegan, creamy potato vegetable soup, feel free to omit the chicken.
- Potatoes- I typically make this with Russet potatoes but feel free to use whatever you like best.
- Celery- I accidentally left this out one of the times that I made it and the soup was still tasty!
- Garlic Powder
- Fine Sea Salt- Taste and add more at the end if preferred. I usually use closer to 2 teaspoons total.
- Dried Thyme
- Rubbed Sage
- Black Pepper
- Bagged Frozen Vegetables- I typically use a mixed bag of beans, carrots, corn and peas but you can use whatever you like best.
- Cashew Milk- Almond milk also works or if you don't need the recipe to be dairy free, you can use regular cow's milk. Want to make your own cashew milk? All you need is raw cashews, water and a good blender. Downshiftology has a great tutorial!
- Add all but the last two ingredient to the pot and simmer.
- Remove chicken and shred. Tip: My favorite quick way to shred chicken is to place it in a mixing bowl and use a hand mixer. It works so well!
- Add frozen vegetables.
- Return chicken and add cashew milk.
Store leftover Chicken Pot Pie Soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Rewarm in the microwave until heated through.
Chicken Pot Pie Soup Serving Ideas
If you have dietary restrictions, check the packaging of specific ingredients that you use to ensure they are compliant. This recipe is:
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Vegetarian- If you omit the chicken.
- Vegan- If you omit the chicken.
And if you enjoyed this recipe..
...you might also like:
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2)
- 3 lb potatoes ½ inch dice (6 cups)
- 3 stalks celery (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 and ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 and ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon rubbed sage
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups water
- 1 (24 oz) bag frozen vegetables
- 3 cups cashew milk
- To a large pot, add all of the ingredients except the frozen vegetables and milk.
- Bring the pot to a simmer over medium high heat for 30 minutes, until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through to 165 F.
- Remove the chicken to a plate. Add the frozen vegetables to the pot and stir. Cover and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes until vegetables are warm.
- Meanwhile, shred the chicken or cut it into bite sized pieces.
- Return the chicken to the pot, stir in the cashew milk and cook for an additional minute to ensure that everything is heated through.
More Soups and Stews!