Wondering what to make with your pork tenderloin leftovers? These pork tenderloin sandwiches are the perfect way to use up your extra meat. With crunchy apple, sharp white cheddar and tender pork, you'll want to plan to have leftover meat just so that you can enjoy this delicious recipe!
When it comes to leftover pork tenderloin recipes, this roasted pork sandwich is one of my favorite ways to use up the extras.
In fact, I might even argue that making these is the best part about making roast pork tenderloin in the first place (just like these Cranberry Turkey Sandwiches with Brie are the main reason I make turkey!).
Whether served as dinner on a busy weeknight (sandwiches are acceptable for any meal in my books!), packed along for a delicious lunch or simply enjoyed as a mid afternoon snack, it is sure to hit the spot.
- Bread- I tend to use sprouted grain bread for sandwiches but you can use whatever you like best and have on hand. Honey Oat Bread, slices of sourdough bread or crusty sandwich rolls would also be tasty in this pork sandwich recipe. If you'd prefer to make it without bread, check out these ideas.
- Butter- You can use salted or unsalted butter.
- Applesauce- Use this homemade version, store bought or substitute with apple butter instead. It can also be omitted.
- Pork Tenderloin Leftovers- This is my favorite sandwich to make with leftovers of this delicious recipe. But any leftover roast pork loin or tenderloin would work.
- White Cheddar- Regular cheddar or another cheese could be used instead.
- Green Apple- Another color of fresh apple will work too. (Use any extra sliced apples to make some apple nachos!)
- Greens- The day I took photos, I used arugula and alfalfa sprouts but this hearty sandwich is also excellent with spinach.
1. Prepare ingredients. On a cutting board, cut the pork tenderloin leftovers into ¼ inch thick pork slices. Cut the apple into very thin slices. Lightly toast the bread if desired.
2. Assemble. Butter the inside of each piece of bread. Spread the apple sauce on one slice on top of the butter. Place the cheese in a single layer followed by the leftover meat, apple slices and finally greens. Place the second piece of bread butter side down on top of the sandwich.
3. Serve. Garnish with some pickle slices or a side of fresh vegetables such as cherry tomatoes.
Leftovers and Storage
To Store: These pork sandwiches are best enjoyed fresh but can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Make it Your Own
- Change Up the Cheese- Try this leftover pork roast sandwich with Swiss cheese, mozzarella or provolone cheese instead.
- Make it a Grilled Sandwich- Follow the steps in this Turkey Pesto Sandwich for how to turn this into a melty sandwich on either the stovetop or panini press.
- Make a Pulled Pork Sandwich- This easy recipe is also a great way to enjoy this slow cooker pulled pork.
- Add More Vegetables-
- Avocado- mash up ¼ of an avocado and spread it over the pork before adding the apple.
- Red Onion- add some thinly sliced onions on top of the apple (or try it with some caramelized onions)
- Make it Garlicky- Spread ½ minced clove of garlic over the butter or sprinkle with a bit of garlic powder.
- Make it Dairy Free- Omit the cheese and use a vegan butter alternative.
- Gluten Free- Use your favorite gluten free bread.
Enjoy these pork tenderloin sandwiches with a side of:
- Crispy Baked Fries
- Potato Soup
- Or check out this post of 34 Delicious and Healthy Sides to Serve with Sandwiches for more ideas!
LET ME PLAN YOUR DINNERS! Get My FREE Meal Plan (Including Grocery List!)>>>
And if you liked this recipe...
...you might also like:
Cheddar Apple Pork Sandwich
- 2 slices bread of choice
- 2 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon applesauce
- 1 oz cheddar sliced
- ¼ green apple sliced
- 2.5 oz pork tenderloin
- ½ cup greens such as arugula, spinach or alfalfa
- Prepare the ingredients: If not yet sliced, cut the tenderloin into ¼ thick slices. Slice the cheese and apples (very thinly).
- Lightly toast the bread if desired and spread the inside of each piece with butter. Spread the applesauce on one slice on top of the butter.
- Place the cheese in a single layer over the applesauce followed by the meat, apple slices and finally greens. Place the second piece of bread butter side down on top of the sandwich.